Special Guest Kristen Short, Founder and Executive Director of the Short Folks for Hope Foundation, joins us to share about her organization's work empowering, encouraging and celebrating cancer warriors. Kristen, a breast cancer survivor, founded the Foundation in 2012 to help others impacted by cancer and to inspire youth to be involved in charitable efforts.
The Foundation meets its mission with a number of different projects:
- The Vivian St. Onge Memorial Rickshaw Team (enabling cancer warriors to experience the joy and exhilaration of charity cycling events with team pedicab drivers; inspired by SFFHF Board Member Vivian St. Onge)
- The Hope Bear Project (providing Hope Bears and Encouragement Packs to cancer patients to bring comfort and foster hope)
- Wishes for Hope (creatively fulfilling little wishes for cancer patients)
- Furry Ambassadors For Hope (bringing smiles with visits to kids with life-threatening illnesses, respite camps, hospitals, charity and community events)
- Supers For Hope and Princesses For Hope (encouraging kids to "Stay Strong!", be kind, and never give up hope)
- Musicians For Hope (with Singer/Songwriter Kristen Short brings music, prayer and comfort to those in cancer care and hospice)
- Youth Ambassadors For Hope (motivating, guiding and providing opportunities for youth to be compassionate, creative, hope-fostering members of our communities, and recognizing outstanding charitable efforts by youth)
- Team Short Folks For Hope and The Short Family's Cool Treats for Charity (nonprofit frozen treat pushcart business raising funds and awareness for other hope-fostering organizations)
The Foundation supports cancer patients of all ages and works with patients in Maine and beyond.
To learn more about the Short Folks for Hope Foundation and how you can get involved, visit their website or Facebook page.
Special thanks to Williams Broadcasting for producing our show.
Follow CCI online and on social media:
Community Concepts is an equal opportunity provider and employer.